The Sports Track focuses on three core themes (Exercise, Competition and Leadership) and is geared toward students who are athletic, enjoy sports and are fitness enthusiasts. While on the Sports Program participants train in Israel’s top facilities and learn from top professional Israeli coaches. Compete in team and individual sporting events and have the opportunity to volunteer as a coach, trainer, or referee. Special Sports Track activities include attendance at professional sporting events and Q&A sessions with Israeli sports celebrities.
What kind of experience is needed?
No specific prior experience is needed for the Sports Track, but participants must be in good condition for this physically intense program. Those who live an active life, enjoy competition and want to get into shape are a perfect match for this program!
Sports Track Activities:
- Meet Israeli Olympians like Gal Friedman (gold medal windsurfer) and professional athletes like Tal Brody (Israeli basketball legend)
- Cheer on the Israeli teams at live soccer matches and basketball games
- Train through yoga, cardio-workouts, weight training, spinning and team sport clinics
- Compete in the Jerusalem or Tel Aviv half-marathon or marathon
- Participate in seminars on water sports ranging from kayaking to wind surfing
- Study the precision of krav maga – Israeli martial arts
- Anatomy classes and sessions with a sports doctor specializing in sports injuries
Sports Track Academics:
In addition to the core Year Course curriculum, Sports Track participants have the opportunity to participate in an independent study in Israeli Sports which they can take for academic credit.
Note: Itineraries and activities of Specialty Tracks are subject to change or cancellation in Young Judaea’s sole and absolute discretion.